[Freeipa-devel] Adding indices and permissions to FreeIPA

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue May 15 13:49:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 22:59 +0930, William Brown wrote:
> Hi simo
>
> > Hi William,
> > do you have a public repo you are pushing your work to ?
> > It would be nice to have early access so we can check your
> > implementation is in line with FreeIPA. It will allow your contribution
> > to get in more easily if we can comment early on around schema, DIT and
> > other behavior you need to implement.
>
> I haven't had much time to focus on this so far, So I only have a
> limited amount of work completed. It has mainly been learning the
> FreeIPA code, adding some skeleton files, and working out the schema.
>
> I have tried to push my work to my github from my branch, but I'm
> getting an error on push.
>
> git push github master
> Counting objects: 38943, done.
> Compressing objects: 100% (8100/8100), done.
> error: object 0b36ce6dcbfc8d7e6cda632e06a09c369428a2db:invalid
> author/committer line - bad date
> fatal: Error in object
> error: pack-objects died of signal 13
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'git at github.com:Firstyear/FreeIPA-dhcp.git'
>
> That object appears to be.
>
> commit 0b36ce6dcbfc8d7e6cda632e06a09c369428a2db
> Merge: 451a28c a9e4e5a
> Author: Karl MacMillan <kmacmill at redhat.com>
> Date:   Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 +0000
>
>     Merge.
>
> Any advice on this issue would be welcome. In the mean time, I'm happy
> to just send in formatted patches.

Odd that github doesn't like us.
What you could do is to rebase that specific commit in your tree and fix
whatever github doesn't like about it (I guess the date).
This would cause your tree to not be pullable directly on top of other
people trees aligned with the freeipa master tree but that is not a big
deal as our process requires sending patches to the list in git
format-patch format. So you can easily rebase your work on top of the
master tree with git rebase --onto before sending.

In the meanwhile being able to reference the tree would be nice.

> > An architecture document posted on freeipa.org would also be very
> > welcome, feel free to ask for an account on the wiki so you can post
> > stuff in there.
>
> Who should I ask to an account on the wiki?

Taken care off on IRC.