[Freeipa-devel] Reviewer in Trac

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 18:02:53 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 08:15 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 02/20/2014 02:02 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> is it possible to instruct trac to send an email to the reviewer to let
>>> him know the he's the chosen one? I guess this would help to even better
>>> integrate with the workflow of many developers?
>> It is definitely good idea!
>> +1
> As always - this is a good idea. However, the execution is an integral part of
> a successful idea :) And in this case I am not sure how to do it in Trac. I
> tried looking for different notification or workflow plugin but did not find
> something applicable to our Trac - ideas welcome.
>
> A workaround for me is to fill both reviewer + CC when assigning a reviewer or
> also by adding a "My Active Patch Reviews by Milestone" view.
>
> Martin

I am currently subscribed to all changes happening in trac. IMO what can
be done is:
a) You can subscribe to the notifications to or I can help with that
b) Setup your mail filter to detect that the value of the field changed
and has your name in it

Then you will end up with the folder that has notifications that are
relevant to only you being a reviewer.

It is not going to be 100% clean but would work for 99% of the cases.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.