[Freeipa-devel] Reviewer in Trac

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 19:08:23 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 05:29 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 02/20/2014 04:55 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
>> On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 16:34 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> Mail+Trac:
>   patch arrives: tag message TODO when it comes in (1 keystroke)
>   mark self as reviewer: use web interface (or API)
>   send review: just reply ("changes requested" status is not kept though)
>   send fixed patch: send the mail
>   patch pushed: move from the push messsage to the tagged message (~1
> keystroke), untag message (1 keystroke)

+1, I use the same process and it works fine for me. If we are crazy enough, I
guess it would not be so difficult to do some actions from MUA via Trac API.
For example, select new message with patch, click on "Start review" button
which would set my login to the respective ticket and one could start reviewing
without touching Trac at all.

Hm hm... So, Petr1, what are you doing over the weekend, fancy learning how to
write a Thunderbird plugin?;-)

But I think a simple script like "startreview.py some.patch" that Petr
mentioned is a good start, few lines of code.

>>> I was basically the only one who used the IPA Patchwork any more. I have
>>> stopped using it and I'm waiting for the Patch Reviewer field (in any
>>> form!).
>>> Without someone to *manually* mark all the patches as On review, then
>>> Changes Requested, then Pushed... Patchwork is quite useless.
>>
>> I will eventually retire it for freeipa, but I am not satisfied by using
>> a field in trac.
>
> Not a silver bullet, but better than Patchwork I'm afraid.

I am not saying we need to always use the reviewer field, maybe it won't work
well for us - we can delete it and think about something different.

>>> You can keep it running but no one from the FreeIPA team will use it. Sorry.
>>
>> This is fine, nobody is forced to. I still keep it on for the SSSD
>> people which uses it so far.
>
> Sounds good. Thanks for the experiment, it just didn't work out for us.

+1, thanks for your effort Simo, very valued.

Martin