[Freeipa-devel] Release platforms for 4.0

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 15:13:35 UTC 2014

Given that Fedora 20 is now in stable phase and FreeIPA 4.0 adds a lot of
functionality, we agreed that we will not publish FreeIPA 4.0 in stable Fedora
20 updates now.

When releasing 4.0, we need to:
1) Prepare a COPR build for Fedora 20 with all dependencies that are not in
Fedora 20 yet. AFAIK, it should be just FreeIPA as new bind-dyndb-ldap and
389-ds-base are in updates-testing.

2) Prepare Fedora 21 build. It may not be so simple, there may be issues with
other software or dependencies - we may need to patch FreeIPA or file bugs
right away.

Petr3, as you plan to do the release, please drive these 2 efforts.

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team