[Freeipa-devel] Reasons for not using certmonger DBus API

Jan Cholasta jcholast at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 07:19:28 UTC 2014

Dne 30.7.2014 v 16:39 Nalin Dahyabhai napsal(a):
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 04:28:50PM +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
>> These two functions are used to force local hostname in certmonger. IMO the
>> right thing to do here would be to drop these two functions and fix
>> ipa-submit so that it reads the required configuration from
>> /etc/ipa/default.conf.
>
> Can you elaborate on that?  Either here or in a trac ticket or in
> bugzilla?
>
> The only hostname I see in the default.conf(5) man page is the name of
> the server, which it should already be using when there's no xmlrpc_uri
> set.
>
> Nalin

If you mean "host", yes, the man page says it's the server's hostname,
but I don't think that's entirely true - it is currently set during
server install, but it defaults to local hostname even on clients. IMO
we could set it in ipa-client-install as well (at least when --hostname
is used) and then ipa-submit could use it to construct the principal name.

--
Jan Cholasta