[Freeipa-devel] Reasons for not using certmonger DBus API

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 12:15:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 09:19:28AM +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> If you mean "host", yes, the man page says it's the server's hostname, but I
> don't think that's entirely true - it is currently set during server
> install, but it defaults to local hostname even on clients. IMO we could set
> it in ipa-client-install as well (at least when --hostname is used) and then
> ipa-submit could use it to construct the principal name.

Sounds workable to me (though, yikes, that means it's unsuitable for use
as a fallback when xmlrpc_uri isn't set, so that'll probably have to get
changed at the same time).  If there's a ticket for the client-install
change in IPA that I should follow and/or one for certmonger for the
rest of it, I can try to land it around the same time.

Thanks,

Nalin