[Freeipa-devel] GSS-Proxy <-> TPM <-> PKCS#11 (silly idea)

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 16:47:09 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 11:40 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 4.3.2014 17:25, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> Is it a good topic for bachelor/master thesis? We are going to send
>>> list of
>>> topics for next year so we have a chance to add it.
>>>
>>> We are not going to touch this any time soon so it sounds like a
>>> good idea
>>> to me.
>>>
>> I am not sure. Sounds like a lot of work with questionable results...
>
> I thought that it is purpose of thesis? :-)
>
> Now seriously: We are not doing "research with questionable results"
> because we don't have time for it - I perfectly understand that.
>
> That is the reason why I'm proposing such crazy ideas for theses.

My hesitation is related to the satisfaction from the work being done by
a student.
We have many topics that we know we need for the project and taking them
(and implementing right) would be beneficial for the project and
rewarding for the student.
With this idea I am concerned that since there is no clear drive for it
to be needed there might not be enough motivation to make is usable for
the project.
But I might be wrong.

--
Thank you,