[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA ConnId connector for usage with Apache Syncope

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 18:17:07 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014 08:24 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 03/07/2014 04:39 PM, Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Il giorno 03/feb/2014, alle ore 11:41, Francesco Chicchiriccò
>> <ilgrosso at apache.org <mailto:ilgrosso at apache.org>> ha scritto:

>>> Ok then, we'll do it as follows.
>>>
>>> We are currently experimenting with FreeIPA, to get familiar with
>>> technology and options; once we will be confident enough to start the
>>> actual work on the connector, we will check the status of the smart
>>> proxy patches from [11].
>>>
>>> If the implementation status will be close to be ready and about to be
>>> included in the official distribution, we will follow the suggestions
>>> above and develop a REST-based connector.
>>
>> We start to implementing a FreeIPA ConnId connector for Apache Syncope.
>> We have to implement all identity operations defined by the ConnId
>> framework.
>> I would like to know the implementation status of the Smart/Proxy and if
>> we can use it to all the identity operations.
>
> I'm reviewing the Foreman Smart proxy patches now. They're not in the
> FreeIPA repository yet. However the remaining issues were with
> packaging, code organization, naming.
>
> The Smart Proxy is now specific to Foreman provisioning; it is not a
> full REST interface so it will probably not support all operations you
> need.
>
> For a full REST interface, patches are welcome but the core FreeIPA
> team has other priorities at the moment.  The RFE ticket is here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4168.

For user provisioning you do not need a full REST api. You need to have
a similar proxy but just for user related operations.
So the smart proxy can be used as a model to do what you need to
implement for Syncope integration.
What are the operations you need to implement? Can you list them?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.