[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA ConnId connector for usage with Apache Syncope

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 19:14:45 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014 07:17 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 08:24 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>> On 03/07/2014 04:39 PM, Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro wrote:
>>> Hi all,

[...]
> [...]

^ quote left here deliberately

[...]
>>> We start to implementing a FreeIPA ConnId connector for Apache Syncope.
>>> We have to implement all identity operations defined by the ConnId
>>> framework.
>>> I would like to know the implementation status of the Smart/Proxy and if
>>> we can use it to all the identity operations.
>>
>> I'm reviewing the Foreman Smart proxy patches now. They're not in the
>> FreeIPA repository yet. However the remaining issues were with
>> packaging, code organization, naming.
>>
>> The Smart Proxy is now specific to Foreman provisioning; it is not a
>> full REST interface so it will probably not support all operations you
>> need.
>>
>> For a full REST interface, patches are welcome but the core FreeIPA
>> team has other priorities at the moment.  The RFE ticket is here:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4168.
>
> For user provisioning you do not need a full REST api. You need to have
> a similar proxy but just for user related operations.
> So the smart proxy can be used as a model to do what you need to
> implement for Syncope integration.

You'd be building two bridges (IPA--REST & REST--ConnID) when you could
build just one. Unless you already have a suitable generic REST
connector already, I don't think it's your best option. From this thread
it seems to me that JSON-RPC--ConnID would not require significantly
more work than just the REST--ConnID part.

> What are the operations you need to implement? Can you list them?

They were listed earlier in the thread, and [5].

--
Petr³