[Freeipa-devel] Topology plugin quirks

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 16:06:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 12:51 +0200, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 06/03/2015 11:37 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have been playing with the topology related patches and I have
> > encountered a few issues that I would like to address in this thread:
> >

> Additional stuff:
>
> 1. was able to add duplicate segment
> - same left and right node
> - same direction
> - different cn
>
> It did not allow me to remove it:
> """
> Server is unwilling to perform: Removal of Segment disconnects
> topology.Deletion not allowed.
> """

Odd, I would think that if you have 2 segments then either one would
satisfy the topology requirement.
Ludwig,
why is the plugin allowing 2 segments and then does not recognize there
is another one at  removal time ?

> 2. topology plugin allows to create reflexive relation from the invalid
> duplicates(#1):
>
> A -> B
> A -> B
> A -> A
> B -> B
>
> I.E. effective disconnect
>
> it is forbidden in `ipa topologysegment-mod` but I think that even the
> plugin should not allow that

Yes, the plugin must forbid this case on its own.

> 3. attempt to delete the invalid reflexive or duplicate segment ends with:
> """
> Server is unwilling to perform: Removal of Segment disconnects
> topology.Deletion not allowed.""

The plugin should not allow duplicates or reflexive segments in the
first place, so this should never be required then.