[Freeipa-devel] Domain level for topology plugin = 2

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:13:36 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 02:12 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it came to my mind that domain level for topology plugin should actually be
> number 2, not 1.
>
> We already used number 1 for incompatible changes in DNS tree and I believe
> that it is not a good idea to have two places which say 'version 1' but and
> actually mean two different things. (DNS tree version 1 + domain level 1)
>
> Patch is attached.

Hello,
The fix looks good but that seems strange to have to set the initial
version of the topology plugin to 2.0. (IIUC That is the version that
will be written in dse.ldif)
I would rather expects that topology plugin 1.0, would activate itself
if the DomainLevel is 2.0 or more.
If topology plugin 1.0 sets an internal DomainLevel_trigger=2.0 then
activate itself if DomainLevel >= DomainLevel_trigger.

Let's wait for Ludwig feedback.

thanks
thierry