[Freeipa-devel] Host does not have corresponding DNS A/AAAA record

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 07:57:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I keep hitting a strange issue: when I create a dnsrecord manually and
then try to create the host, it complains that the host does not have
corresponding DNS A/AAAA record.

ofayans at f22master:~]$ ipa dnsrecord-add
Record name: fortest
Zone name: pesen.net.
Please choose a type of DNS resource record to be added
The most common types for this type of zone are: A, AAAA

DNS resource record type: A
A IP Address: 192.168.122.253
   Record name: fortest
   A record: 192.168.122.253
ofayans at f22master:~]$ ipa host-add
Host name: fortest.pesen.net
ipa: ERROR: Host does not have corresponding DNS A/AAAA record
ofayans at f22master:~]$ ping fortest
PING fortest.pesen.net (192.168.122.253) 56(84) bytes of data.

When I then use --force to create the host anyway and then try to add a
service to this host, I get the same error:

ofayans at f22master:~]$ ipa service-add
Principal: fortest/fortest.pesen.net
ipa: ERROR: The host 'fortest.pesen.net' does not exist to add a service to.

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer