[Freeipa-devel] Linking tickets in the commit messages

Tomas Babej tbabej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 12:13:20 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 01:55 PM, Lenka Doudova wrote:
> Hi,
>
> though I'm not a fellow developer, I'd like to point out that the habit

$ git shortlog | grep Lenka tells me otherwise.

This thread is applicable to everybody contributing to the FreeIPA git
repo, so maybe developer was a poor choice of wording.

> you mentioned (putting a link into commit message) is indeed documented
> on wiki [1].

Indeed, I missed that. However, the cited page only states:

"If the patch adresses a ticket in Trac, the last line of the commit
should be the URL to that ticket."

which does not provide instructions in the case when the corresponding
ticket does not exist.