[Freeipa-devel] [TEST][Patch 0022] small refactoring in integration tests due to BZ 1303095

Milan Kubík mkubik at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 15:03:25 UTC 2016

On 02/04/2016 08:49 AM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> On 02/03/2016 02:19 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
>> On 3.2.2016 10:22, Oleg Fayans wrote:
>>> Guys, can anyone take a look at this?
>> The commit message does not explain why you are setting search path.
> Fixed.
>
>> I have to say that I do not like touching resolv.conf, as stated many times
>> earlier. Why the test has to reconfigure the host and cannot use values
>> provided by the provisioning system?
> This patch exactly removes this messing around with nameservers in
> resolv.conf
> It introduces the possibility to put ipa domain in the search directive
> of resolv.conf so that we could test service autodiscovery during client
> installation.

I just verified that the tampering with resolv.conf is not needed
(libvirt and ovirt/rhev). I think this is an artifact from the whole
issue of "let's use improvised domain names, what can go wrong" approach
that was uncovered by the enforced DNS checks. I think we can defer the
networking configuration to provisioning system.

--
Milan Kubik