[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#364][comment] Client-only builds with --disable-server

lslebodn freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 14:24:26 UTC 2017

Title: #364: Client-only builds with --disable-server

lslebodn commented:
"""
On (13/02/17 05:05), Christian Heimes wrote:
>I'm following the development principals of **minimum viable product**. This PR solves a critical use case for me. With the PR I can build FreeIPA client packages in a lean and clean build container. Without the ```--disable-server``` flag I'm forced to bloat my build env with lots of additional dependencies and then throw away all the extra stuff.

My comments are about semantic of this option.
`--disable-server` should disable all parts which depends on server.

I know that your use case is a little bit different but I do not like
misusing of `--disable-server` for different use-cases (from semantic POV)

That's the reason why I proposed compromise/alternative solution
for installing `ipatests` which needn't be tight together
with `--disable-server`.

>My changes don't solve https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6517 to its full extend. The PR provides enough of https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6517 to enable me to finish some time critical as soon as possible. RPM packaging changes and ipatests improvements for client-only builds can be implemented another time. I consider these changes sugar coating (aka stretch goals).

One more time; it will be solved with my proposed change to `ipatests`
+ small tweak to spec file (due to python2/3 changes)

That is exactly way how I tested it. A little bit hacky way but works
for testing: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/556868/48699519

LS

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/364#issuecomment-279405767