[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#364][comment] Client-only builds with --disable-server

tiran freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 10:29:27 UTC 2017

Title: #364: Client-only builds with --disable-server

tiran commented:
"""
I'm following a different design and development philosophy. In my experience an iterative approach with small, incremental improvements is often better and faster than striving for 100% perfect PRs. Large and feature complete PRs take more time than evolutionary steps.

Your object regarding semantics is valid for the ticket, but not necessarily valid for this PR as this PR only addresses a part of the problem. I don't dispute that your proposed changes to the spec file are necessary. However I argue for a separate PR. I'm not an expert in RPM packaging and I'd rather let somebody else figure out the appropriate way to deal with client-only packaging. ipatests is yet another problem that should be solved in a third PR. Ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6517 does not, in fact it should not be solved in one PR.

Please review this PR under three viewpoints:

* Does it contribute to resolving ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6517 ?
* Does it enable future changes to solve the ticket?
* Does it break any code or feature that is currently present? [1]

[1] client-only packaging is currently not available
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/364#issuecomment-279669097