[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#364][comment] Client-only builds with --disable-server

lslebodn freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 09:23:12 UTC 2017

Title: #364: Client-only builds with --disable-server

lslebodn commented:
"""
On (16/02/17 00:57), Christian Heimes wrote:
>You are missing the point. Obviously tests are an important part of building. I can't test the client bits when ipatests is not available.

You missed that the name of this PR is
"Client-only builds with --disable-server"

So this PR *MUST* implement client-only build.

Your use-case is different and you need to realize that
freeIPA does not have a *unit* test for client bits.
All client parts are tested by integration tests
which require server.

>Let's do small, incremental improvements. I need the client-only builds ASAP (EOW, next week tops) for some container stuff. Client-only RPMs can be implemented later in beta phase for 4.5.

I have never requested anything related to "Client-only RPMs"
I always mentioned "make install"

Let's do the correct change from semantic POV.

If you want to install tests with client-only build
then please add new configure time option for this purpose
And do not misuse option "--disable-server"

Misusing options is a bad/hacky approch
and we need to clean hacks from freeIPA and not create new one.

LS

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/364#issuecomment-280277782