[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#337][comment] Client-side CSR autogeneration (take 2)

LiptonB freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 15:33:01 UTC 2017

Title: #337: Client-side CSR autogeneration (take 2)

LiptonB commented:
"""
@HonzaCholasta, updated, please take a look. I standardized on "CSR generation profile" because the names of the objects in the code and the directory that stores them are already "profiles," and because "template" is what the code calls the Jinja2 syntax that's built from the profile and the rules. But if you strongly prefer "template" to mean the collection of rules to use for generation I'm ok with changing it, I'd just want to change the code and filenames to be consistent as well.

Thanks for clarifying about the reference from `certprofile` to the CSR profile rather than the other way around. That seems fine to me too, especially if it's considered a default CSR profile rather than the only allowable one. Should I add that field to `certprofile` when I make the PR that adds `cert-request --autogenerate`?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/337#issuecomment-276093846