Managing many kickstart configurations.

secroft at micron.com secroft at micron.com
Wed Jan 9 22:36:33 UTC 2008

Ray,
   Look at the cobbler project http://cobbler.et.redhat.com as that
should meet your needs.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Ray Van Dolson
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:29 PM
To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: Managing many kickstart configurations.

Hey all, how do some of you who have many different kickstart
configurations manage this?  I have similar configurations for different
minor versions of RH, but under the same major version -- and the same
for CentOS.  Much of the config files are the same save for a few
poritions.

I'm considering just writing a small CGI front-end that nicely pulls in
a "common" config and then more specific items.

Sure this can kind of be done via the %include keyword, but somehow
doing this has never seemed as elegant.

Anyone have anything particularly cool they're doing to manage large
numbers of kickstart configs?  I seem to remember stumbling across a
web-based tool at some point but can't find it now.

Ray