[Libguestfs] Libguestfs + e2fsprogs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 15:07:41 UTC 2022

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 08:26:26PM +0530, Jevin Gala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using latest libguestfs won't be possible since I want NTFS support too.
> And I don't want to compile libguestfs separately for CentOS 7 Unless I can
> comfortably use the libguestfs which I compiled on CentOS 8 and use it for
> CentOS 7.
>
> Symlink also won't help ?
> /usr/sbin/resize2fs -> /my-dir/my-resize2fs
>
> Latest resize2fs is helping in solving my issue but not the stock one present
> in CentOS 7

To use a newer e2fsprogs what you want is _not_ a newer libguestfs,
but a newer e2fsprogs.  So you might try compiling the e2fsprogs
source RPM from CentOS 8 on CentOS 7, ie.
rpmbuild --rebuild e2fsprogs-1.45.6-1.el8.src.rpm

Source packages can be found under here:
https://vault.centos.org/8-stream/BaseOS/Source/SPackages/

Once that is installed on your host, supermin will pick it up.

Rich.