[OS:N:] newbie

Patrick Cable II pc at pcable.net
Fri May 28 10:55:43 UTC 2004

> Removing hard-drives and setting up a server scares me.

Ah, yes.

Do you have any computer handy friends? Perhaps you could have them around
while you try out things just in case you get into a bind that you don't
know how to get out of. But for the most part, as long as you don't drop
anything the hardware end of things *should* be alright.

But, the best advice is to just play with a computer. If you have a spare
computer you can use, use it to experiment with. If not, see if you can get
an older one to do just that with (My house server is an 800mhz pentium 3
with 256mb of ram - it works just fine)

Good luck!
-
Patrick Cable II
Media Technician, Dennett Elementary School