Just how mainstream is it? Re: [OS:N:] Is the Open Source Now list alive?

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Mon Jan 7 17:51:32 UTC 2008

Our biggest success has been using Red Hat for our Oracle database
servers.  The performance and price (h/w and s/w) are great selling points.

We will be switching our web server (Apache) to Red Hat this year.  We
are also running our DNS servers (cisco) and our spam filter (Sophos
Pure Message) on Red Hat.

Our student/faculty/staff web server is running Red Hat and MySQL.

Other servers include:

network monitoring (nagios) 	Red Hat
3D graphical workstations	Red Hat
webmail (imp)			Red Hat