[publican-list] is publican-1.99 available to play with under ubuntu?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon May 31 08:59:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010, Jeff Fearn wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 04:16 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 May 2010, Bram Vogelaar wrote:
> >
> > > i havent found any .debs yet but if you managed to install the
> > > 1.6.3 version (and xml- and html- treebuilder .debs) from the
> > > debian repository its a breeze to install from svn trunk.
> > >
> > > cd /path/to/svn/checkouts
> > > svn co http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/publican
> > > cd publican/trunk/publican
> > > perl Build.Pl
> > > install missing dependecies (6 -ish ) via your favorite package manager. (synaptic package manager => search for perl and then select correct ones)
> > > ./Build
> > > ./Build test
> > > sudo ./Build install
> > >
> > > and then "Hup Hup Hup, Barbatruc" your done
> > >
> > > have fun with it, the new website feature is awesome
> >
> >   taking a stab at installing 1.99 on my ubuntu 10.04 box, the
> > following *seems* to have done it but i'm willing to be corrected
> > -- i'm still new at ubuntu.
> >
> >   i grabbed the two noarch rpms from here:
>
> IMHO you'd be much better off following Bram's instructions, much
> less likely to have idiosyncratic behavior.

  your point is well taken, so i did the svn checkout.  first point --
i'm pretty sure one need not check out the *entire* svn repo, correct?
i mean, i need only the trunk if i'm working with the development
stream, correct?    no sense checking out unnecessary content.

  did the "perl Build.PL" and kept track of the perl packages that it
asked for one after another, might as well save that list for next
time.  and, finally, after about a dozen installed perl packages:

=====

$ perl  Build.PL
Deleting _build
Creating custom builder _build/lib/My/Builder.pm in _build/lib/My
Checking whether your kit is complete...
WARNING: the following files are missing in your kit:
	META.yml
Please inform the author.

Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: Test::Perl::Critic is not installed
 - ERROR: Test::Pod::Coverage is not installed
 - ERROR: Test::Exception is not installed
 - ERROR: DBD::SQLite is not installed
 - ERROR: Devel::Cover is not installed
 - ERROR: Test::Pod is not installed
 - ERROR: DBD::SQLite is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Deleting Build
Removed previous script 'Build'

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Publican' version '1.99'

=====

  obviously, i can handle the latter dependencies but what's with that
META.yml diagnostic?  my fault?  in any event, if you want me to test,
let me know, the machine has lots of cycles to spare.

rday

p.s.  where's the publican-website stuff?  will a successful build
create that as well?  sorry if this is all massively off-topic.