[rhos-list] Setting Up Public/Private Networks Following Packstack Install

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 01:40:51 UTC 2014

On 07/10/2014 03:55 PM, Lodgen, Brad wrote:
> Sorry, I used the wrong terminology. I'm using 5 RHEL6.5 VM's on vSphere 5.5 hosts.

Ah ok.  So you're running 'Compute Nodes' as VMs on top of vSphere?  In
that case, you're going to have VMs running on those Compute Nodes that
will be completely emulated (i.e. no hardware acceleration).

> This is just for studying for the exam. Now that I know this isn't the best testing environment, next week I'm going to start working with a large batch of physical hosts and use RHEL-OSP V5.
>

> Out of curiousity... do you have documentation covering moving from one version to the next one, or do you recommend folks completely wipe the current version and move to the next one?

Yes, we had docs for upgrading from RHOS 3 to RHOS 4 (i.e. Grizzly to
Havana) and will publish docs for upgrading from RHOS 4 on RHEL 6.5 to
RHOS 5 on RHEL 6.5 as well.

Lars, can you point us at the relevant docs or writeups?

Perry