utrace status

Srinivasa DS srinivasa at in.ibm.com
Tue Jul 8 11:14:45 UTC 2008

Roland McGrath wrote:
  > The tracehook patches are in pretty good shape.  I spent a while doing
> proper write-ups for each patch's log entry, and fiddling details.
> These lay all the groundwork without harming anything.  So I am
> optimistic that they will not be very controversial upstream (I'd say
> they are less intrusive than user_regset, that went into 2.6.25 easily).
> I hope I can work with upstream to get these merged early in the 2.6.27
> cycle.

One of the tracehooks patches, task_current_syscall makes use of
task_pt_regs macro which is currently not defined for powerpc. I have
sent a patch to the powerpc mailing list. (see
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=19490)

Ben has indicated that he will include it in his patchset.

Regards,
Srinivasa