utrace status

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 03:00:39 UTC 2008

> One of the tracehooks patches, task_current_syscall makes use of
> task_pt_regs macro which is currently not defined for powerpc. I have
> sent a patch to the powerpc mailing list. (see
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=19490)

Oops!  I had thought this was already defined by all arch's.
Now you can tell exactly how recently I had recompiled on ppc. ;-)

> Ben has indicated that he will include it in his patchset.

Great.  In the meantime I've added it to the cleanup branch.
(I've also added it to the list of arch requirements so it should
not be a surprise to the next arch.)

Thanks,
Roland