[almighty] Save, Undo + Edit UI Model

Monica Granfield mgranfie at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 12:36:37 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am posing this question for open discussion and feedback.

I am looking into the "Save, Edit, Undo, Cancel" work flow  and behavior
for work items in ALM.

I know the "CRUD" model is being worked on in the back end and I want to
look at how this supports and integrates into the end user workflow, from
the UI/Front end experience.

I am going to create a workflow for this, that we can review. I am pretty
sure we are going to need a meeting over this, but to get the ball rolling,
a few up front questions, so that I don't go and make huge assumptions!

Questions:

> 1. If, this makes sense... could we have an implicit save? Meaning that
>> information is automatically saved, where we can do this and where it
>> makes
>> sense to do this. On the card level, the individual element level etc..
>> OR,
>> will we need to make sure that the user manually saves any changes.
>>

> 2. If we can automatically Save any changes, are we able to support an Undo
>> model? OR will any changes need to be handled via an archive/history type
>> of feature?
>>

> 3. Should we have an actual "DELETE" function or will/should this be
>> handled via the archive/history.

Much Thanks,
Monica