[almighty] CLI Documentation

Todd Mancini tmancini at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 13:08:26 UTC 2016

Documentation can take two forms: reference (e.g. --help) and guide (e.g.
man). Here's a "self documented" CLI:

foo --help
foo --baz {--bar [--blatz|--quap]} filespec | --help
   baz : baz filepec except when quap
   bar : bar baz filespec as either blatz or quap
   blatz: blatz contents of filespec as baz bar
   quap: quap contents of filespec as baz bar
   help: this highly informative text

So, tell me exactly what this self-documented CLI does, and how/when/why
I'd use it?

As such, I'd take any request to 'document' any form of API (CLI, REST,
etc.)) as a request to also include at least a basic user guide.