[almighty] Suggestion: SP2 Preparation/Process

Michael Kleinhenz kleinhenz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 08:42:38 UTC 2016

Hi Max,

>> * Story sections with title, reference and estimation
>> * Possible tasks already existing added to the story sections with
>> reference
>> * Preliminary suggestion for tasks
>
> If you are saying we will do the story work in GitHub and then before the SP
> call
> you take the stories from GitHub and put into google docs for us to work on
> it because
> GitHub UI sucks otherwise - then I'm all for it.

Yes, that's what I meant, just like we did it in the end on the last
SP2, using Google Docs as a "Call Working Document" just for the bjn
to have a full view of the stuff in GitHub.

>> The meeting should focus on adding/validating task breakdowns and
>> adding owners to the stories. The story owner has the following
>> responsibilities:
>
> I think what we agreed on was that on Wednesday (grooming) we should
> identify
> owners for the stories which would cover at least the first two parts:
>
>> * Entering/updating the tasks in the tracking system and linking them
>> to the story
>> * Working with the team to make sure the team understands the story
>> and the tasks

We can do the owners in grooming. I am a bit worried, that the team
can make a qualified statement on who will be working on what two
weeks in advance. But yes, lets do that in grooming.

> And then at the planning pick owners that could be the same or different
> that covers:
>
>> * Making sure the story is completed at the end of the sprint
>> * Serving as a primary contact for everyone on the story and it's
>> content/implementation

(thumbsup).

-- Michael

--
Michael Kleinhenz
Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat Deutschland GmbH
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14
85630 Grasbrunn
Germany

RED HAT | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.
Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Registered seat: Grasbrunn, Commercial register: Amtsgericht München,
HRB 153243,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
Michael O'Neill