[almighty] Suggestion: SP2 Preparation/Process

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 07:12:29 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

> based on the experiences with SP2 today, I think we should base the
> next SP2s on the model we used today, but with more preparation
> beforehand. So I would suggest I/we prepare a working document for
> each of the next SP2s:
>
> * Story sections with title, reference and estimation
> * Possible tasks already existing added to the story sections with
> reference
> * Preliminary suggestion for tasks

Are you saying you put the story work into a google doc rather than
GitHub ?
Then I would say that is not good. Google doc is not visible/shareable
outside the group.

If you are saying we will do the story work in GitHub and then before
the SP call
you take the stories from GitHub and put into google docs for us to work
on it because
GitHub UI sucks otherwise - then I'm all for it.

> The meeting should focus on adding/validating task breakdowns and
> adding owners to the stories. The story owner has the following
> responsibilities:

I think what we agreed on was that on Wednesday (grooming) we should
identify
owners for the stories which would cover at least the first two parts:

> * Entering/updating the tasks in the tracking system and linking them
> to the story
> * Working with the team to make sure the team understands the story
> and the tasks

And then at the planning pick owners that could be the same or different
that covers:

> * Making sure the story is completed at the end of the sprint
> * Serving as a primary contact for everyone on the story and it's
> content/implementation

/max