[almighty] How are we handling migrations at the moment ?

Konrad Kleine kkleine at redhat.com
Sat Sep 24 15:02:42 UTC 2016

Hi Shoubhik,

I'm sorry that I didn't see this email earlier. With all the conversations
going on on multiple lists, in char and in PRs and issues, I sometimes
loose track. Really, I'm sorry for this.

I hope to get the migration ready for Tuesday but I cannot promise this. It
wasn't clear to me that you had a dependency on issue
https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/issues/184 until yesterday or the
day before yesterday. I think we chatted on HipChat about it.

I hope to find some time to code something on the weekend. My ideas for
this topic are evolved and I hope I can consider all the input from you
all. If I manage to fix 184 on time, then you probably only need to add an
SQL file with the changes you want to be executed in pure SQL. After that
this file will be stored in the core binary and a line (which you also need
to add) will make sure your SQL file gets read and executed.

You can start by writing an SQL file that you can execute with pq to
perform the migration steps that you need. Hopefully we don't have to do
much more to get it in the final migration version code.

So fingers crossed, we have something on Monday.

Have a nice Saturday and Sunday!

Regards
Konrad