[almighty] Communication Channels

Andrew Lee Rubinger alr at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 18:04:38 UTC 2016

As we continue to move technical discussions to the public space, I was
hoping we could outline a plan for various mediums.

Realtime Chat:  I know we've looked at Mattermost and RocketChat; is there
a timeline in place for when we might expect one of these to be available
for use?  In the meantime I'll advocate using Freenode IRC's #almighty
channel.

Forums/Threaded Discussions: Max has suggested Hyperkitty; Baiju has noted
https://www.discourse.org/.  Is anyone owning this area to gather our
requirements, survey the field, make recommendations, and stand up an
instance?  Mail alone has proven to be difficult, I've found, once
discussions take tangents.

I expect a lot of important decisions to be made over the next sprint and
we should be making efforts to have them done in an auditable, visible
fashion. :)

S,
ALR

--