[almighty] Sprint #121 Goals and GitHub milestones - estimation

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 11:02:30 UTC 2016

Hey,

Based on yesterdays failed success, we've been busy commenting and
incorporating the comments to the
user stories at https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/milestone/8

On todays call we'll go for getting the user stories clarified and do an
initial estimation via story points poker-game.
We do that since the poker-game reveals well if there a different
understanding of the complexity.

We'll use https://www.pointingpoker.com to manage the "game" during the
call.
We use Fibonacci sequence to space out the estimates (0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8,
13, 20, 40, 100)
The number is to indicate complexity of the stories - to start, think of
them as how many days of work is needed to get it done/done.

Done/done means:
   * UX ready (if possible)
   * Tested
   * Developed
   * Deployed to demo.almighty.io (if relevant)

Once we got a value, we put it in the title of the issue.

Try and have this estimation in mind when you read through the stories
in preparation for the planning today.

p.s. this is our first time doing this - the numbers don't mean much for
us now but over time we'll get
a common understanding - hang in there :)

p.p.s. Since this is all about implementation I'll on the call ask that
if you are not doing
any of the above work you just listen in.

/max

> Hey,
>
> Proposal for Sprint #121 goals is now up on
> https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/issues/284
>
> We'll go through these on planing call [1] later today.
>
> Please note these, are just a proposal - we'll go through user stories
> and tasks to see how much
> is possible/feasible.
>
> One of the goals is to get a user story map in place so we can start
> seeing 3-4 sprints out in the future
> on what the next stories will be.
>
> For that I've created milestones for #121, #122 and #123 already -
> https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/milestones
> Also created a Backlog milestone to use as our prioritised backlog.
>
> Michael done some initial prep work on doing some stories for the
> backlog and he will be putting them in
> so they are ready for the planning call. On the planning call we'll
> see what is needed/missing for the stories (i.e. is UX ready?)
> and then put them on the sprint if we can fit it in.
>
> If none of this makes sense then don't worry - I'll explain it on the
> call too ;)
>
> [1]: For now those calls are not public, but we are working on fixing
> that! But I wanted to share
>      as much as possible.
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen