[almighty] modeling 'types' for planner work items

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 07:05:06 UTC 2016

> Assuming that ‘fundamentals’, ‘value propositions’ and
> ‘experiences' will
> exist as part of the backlog. As the experiences get converted to
> epics,
> user stories and these user stories move to completion (visualizing it
> as a
> Kanban board), we will need to come up with a mechanism to move the
> associated ‘fundamentals’, ‘value propositions’ and
> ‘experiences' of of the
> backlog as well. As we should only have unfinished work as part of the
> backlog.
>
> Since the behavior of some of these types of work items will be
> different,
> do we need to build in logic associated with ‘type’ of work item?
> For
> example would ‘value propositions’ or ‘experiences’ have a
> state
> associated? If yes, would it  get incrementally updated along with
> each of
> child work item?

Yes, work items have a state - but what is the incremental updated you
refer to ?

Do you mean to be able to see the progress ? Then I would reckon that is
best shown
by visualising the parent/child relationships - i.e. 4 out of 10
"child"/contained-tasks
are done.

That would work well for experiences especially.

For ever running things like Fundamentals I don't follow why you would
see those ever getting
removed from "a board" or even backlog.

They are inherently always there and not really in the backlog - but
used for categorising the
items in the backlog.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen