[almighty] modeling 'types' for planner work items

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 12:26:18 UTC 2016

on the topic of ranking.

Do you think of ranking as:

a global one (basically a numerical value on each work item aka. Jira)
that gets set relative to work items it is moved up and down between in
the various queried lists.
(This has the downside that the ranking is global, but also means a work
item dependent on the
query for a list suddenly can fall or jump a lot in the raking)

or

a local one (i.e. local for a "board"/milestone/iteration/etc. aka.
GitHub/Trello model)
Here a work item essentially has multiple rankings and it depends on
what view you are looking
at how the issues gets ordered.

or

maybe both are needed ?