Any issues with MSI K8T-NEO-FIS2R?

John Griffin jgriffin at v1data.com
Fri Feb 27 17:21:00 UTC 2004

What worked for us (for what it's worth):
We selected MSI K8D Master-F, dual Opterons (244), 2g ECC, Adaptec's
39320a-r SCSI, and IBM Ultrastar 320 drives.
We utilized a triple redundant 600w 4u chassis (SC742) by Supermicro- even
though they're an Intel shop- it works great after we made extensions to a
power cord.
MSI's response time and inaccurate troubleshooting was a disheartening
experience (JPWR2 is not "optional" as stated in the manual or to us in
email). Honestly though, good_technical_customer_service +
motherboard_manufacturer are two things we've not ever been able to compile.

Also had to snatch a driver from Adaptec.

Our combination works with 32bit apps and we're working on a migration
strategy toward 64bit kernel and modules.