Any issues with MSI K8T-NEO-FIS2R?

Rob Myers rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 27 18:42:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 11:24, Scott Coppen wrote:
> Go with a SI311* based SATA controller.  I had to buy a SI3112 PCI
> card as my onboard Promise controller is not supported.  Also, I
> don't know if the new distro installs use a 2.6 kernel, so you may
> have to do some fiddling to get your system to boot off the SATA
> drive if your planning to use a new 2.6 (highly recommended).

i havent tested kernel 2.6.3, but i had problems[1] with the sil3114
libata patches with kernel 2.6.2 and kernel 2.6.1 when using with more
than 4gb of ram.  the siimage ide driver works fine for me in larger
memory configurations.  has anyone tested these drivers in the latest
kernels?

rob.

[1] failures using http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html