Now Asus K8V Deluxe, was: [Any issues with MSI K8T-NEO-FIS2R?]

Robert Goshko robert.goshko at axis-dev.ca
Fri Feb 27 18:54:55 UTC 2004

Ashley Gittins wrote:
> Robert, your point about static on the via sound chip was one thing that had
> me planning to use my SBLive in the new system - my previous experience with
> via sound chips had me a little worried about the whole via thing. Hopefully
> it's only an issue with (some of?) their sound codecs.

Under W2K I don't notice it so I am guessing it is a driver issue, I
have a Via sound chip in my Compaq laptop and I never have this problem.

Over all I am happy with the MSI board.

I did replace the stock heatsink/fan with a ThermalTake Venus 12, and
running flat out (100%) it does keep the CPU 1-2 deg C cooler.

--
...Rob

-- "They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
     deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin,
     1706-1790

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513       GNU/Linux i686 2.4.22-26mdk-725ca
Mandrake Linux 9.2                      mobile AMD Athlon(tm) 4 1500+

      11:45:01 up  2:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.04, 0.12, 0.17