Northbridge Machine Check during package installation (Fedora yarrow)

Stefan Schroepfer whoknows at onlinehome.de
Wed Mar 10 22:10:51 UTC 2004

Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> I believe there is a "new" version of memtest86 (memtest86+ ?) available in
> Fedora development which supports the x86_64.

Thanks Ashley and Gene for suggesting memtest86. I had running the
original memtest86 v3.0 (as found on a SuSE 9.0 / x86 boot medium) on
the machine in question for 20+ hours from yesterday afternoon on ---
with no errors. In case my first impression isn't wrong, memtest86+
merely has some AMD64 detection features, but is still a pure x86
(32 bit) software, correct?

Stefan Schroepfer