install extra ix86 packages after system installation

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 22:14:21 UTC 2004

> Agreed but I don't think Redhat is going to go to the trouble of repackaging
> all the i386 packages so the install cleanly on a x86_64 system just on the
> chance that someone might want to install it.

The number of *.i386.rpm packages we distribute is already pretty large
and if you have specific needs for more libs I'd like to hear what they
are and for what they are needed.

Also if those *.i386.rpm packages are already shipped for the x86 product it
is not a too big step to also add them into the x86_64 product.

greetings,

Florian La Roche