install extra ix86 packages after system installation

Mark mark at harddata.com
Mon Mar 22 22:18:23 UTC 2004

On March 22, 2004 03:14 pm, Florian La Roche <laroche at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Agreed but I don't think Redhat is going to go to the trouble of
> > repackaging all the i386 packages so the install cleanly on a x86_64
> > system just on the chance that someone might want to install it.
>
> The number of *.i386.rpm packages we distribute is already pretty large
> and if you have specific needs for more libs I'd like to hear what they
> are and for what they are needed.
>
> Also if those *.i386.rpm packages are already shipped for the x86 product
> it is not a too big step to also add them into the x86_64 product.

Of course, that wasn't what I meant though. I meant that it would be a lot of
work to rebuild the i386 packages without conflicting files so that they
installing on x86_64 system without file conflicts.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--