Remote Console using SOL / Sending F12 to PXE Boot

Kevin Jackson kevin.jackson at tradermedia.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 13:17:00 UTC 2004

Yes, the loose association with amd64 was the fact that it was Opteron based
Sun Fire hardware...

The idea of the SOL is that allows us to do full remote administration -
altering the BIOS requires someone to physically do that and that's not
possible.

Well - this is for a new roll out of hardware - I could re-arrange my PXE
setup so that ALL boxes first look for the PXE server, and that server is
set to drop to hard drive booting.  As long as the SOL connection works for
installs, I can select installations at the PXE boot screen.
Probably the only way I can achieve this.

Kev