Remote Console using SOL / Sending F12 to PXE Boot

Matthew E. Lauterbach mlauterbach at mail.wtamu.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:10:13 UTC 2004

On Thursday, September 30, 2004 7:12 AM, Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Not strictly OT as this could be any hardware, but I'm trying
> to get Serial
> Over Lan working and being able to send the keypress F12 from
> a Linux ssh
> console session.
>
> The setup: Workstation (RHEL 3 WS) - ssh-to - Management
> Console (RHEL 3
> AMD64) - ssh-to SOL Console Session (RHEL 3 AMD64)
>
> When the system boots, to force PXE booting the hardware (Sun
> Fire v20z)
> requires the F12 key to be pressed.

You can't alter the boot order in Sun's BIOS?

Also, this list doesn't seem to be the most popular.  Since your question is
hardware neutral, you may have better luck getting a good answer on one of
the more popular lists.

Sorry, I wasn't much help, but I've never needed to do anything with SOL.

Matt