FC3 x86_64 install on sil3114 SATA controller problems.

Dirk Gfroerer Dirk.Gfroerer at guh-software.de
Mon Apr 18 06:38:37 UTC 2005

> Thank you very much for your reply.
> I will surely try this. Wonder as RH9 works if this is
> not a bug in the sata_sil module shipping with FC3?
You're sure RH9 sees all the 4GB RAM? You also have to keep in mind that
with RH9 the system cannot access the 4GB of RAM directly (since the
system is running in "32 bit mode"). As you can see from my bugzilla
I've used multiple cards and all showed the same problem. So I think
there was somehting wrong quite far down in the SATA layer. But without
having looked at the code / fix that's just a wild guess.

Kind Regards,
Dirk