FC3 x86-64 freezes on SATA?!?!

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Sat Feb 19 21:13:28 UTC 2005

Angelo Machils wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> Sometimes my box just 'freezes' on me, especially when I try some
> disk-intensive task (like rebuilding the database for slocate).  It's
> probably a kernel panic (afterwards there are no entries in any log)
> and this also happens sometimes even at startup (most times at the
> 'checking for hardware' point).

First check for memory problems.
Memtest86 is a good tool for that.
Google for it.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.