FC3 x86-64 freezes on SATA?!?!

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Sun Feb 20 17:23:43 UTC 2005

Angelo Machils wrote:

> Thank you for the tip, but there is nothing wrong with the memory, I
> let Memtest86+ v1.20 run for about 10 hours and there were no errors.
> Only strange thing is that the programs thinks there is single channel
> DDR400 memory in the box, while there should be dual channel.
> I have took out the SCSI card, which had no effect.

> Perhaps FC doesn't like the combination of SATA controler and drive??

OK, some more detail, what power supply,  board and CPU do you have?
As another posted memtest might take longer to find an error, but
chances are that is not it.
My next thoughts on likelihood are motherboard or  power..

We have installed a lot of machines with FC3, SATA, etc..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3