Update BIOS on Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939?

Doug Stewart dstewart at atl.lmco.com
Fri Feb 25 17:12:24 UTC 2005

Howdy all:
Has anyone been able to successfully update the BIOS on a GB K8NS
Ultra-939?  It seems to require either 1) an install of Win32 or 2) a
regular floppy drive, neither of which I am "blessed" with.

I've tried creating a boot cd using old Dos 6.22 images from
bootdisk.com, but this doesn't work - the .exe whines about it not being
a Win32 environment.  While the mobo seems to support USB floppy drives
as valid boot devices, the in-BIOS flash utility can't seem to see them.

Any ideas?  Gigabyte's website is of absolutely no help.
--
Doug Stewart
dstewart at atl.lmco.com