Athlon64 X2

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 4 17:40:07 UTC 2005

I'm interested in this same thing. I haved an MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard
with an Athlon 64 3500+, and I want to upgrade to the X2 processors. I
also want to start programming specifically for dual cores -- I think
for that your code needs to start multiple threads. I need to start
looking for documentation that explains how to do this.

MSI has not yet released an update to the current 1.8 BIOS that will
support dual core CPUs. There are people who are playing with beta
bios'es that do support the X2 and are having results from them though.

Bob