Current best recommendation for Athlon 64 motherboard?

Rob Kirkbride rob.kirkbride at thales-is.com
Tue Mar 1 13:52:32 UTC 2005

Axel Thimm wrote on 01/03/2005 13:42:

>Hi,
>
>what are currently considered good high-end motherboards for desktop
>use of Athlon 64s? Chipset recommendations are welcome as well!

I bought an Asus A8V-Deluxe and built a machine around that and it works
a treat. Very stable - the onboard sound and ethernet work fine too. It
does have a Wireless port on it as well but I haven't downloaded the
driver from sourceforge because I haven't needed to.
I've tried both FC3 and CentOS4 beta on it and it works fine.

Rob