Won't install 64-bit version

Michael Miles mmiles at alacritech.com
Fri Feb 10 13:25:44 UTC 2006

I have a brand new multiprocessor AMD Opteron system and I purchased a copy
of RH Enterprise Linux Workstation v4 which is supposed to support AMD64
processors.   It does install on the system, but it is definitely not 64-bit
and when I try to compile a x86_64 kernel on this system it won't compile
apparently because all the libraries including gcc are 32-bit.

Does RedHat have a 64-bit version of RHEL that they just don't show as
purchaseable on their web-site?

Thanks for any information that you can provide and let me know if anyone
needs more information, I tried to keep it simple.

Michael Miles